Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Kool-Aid

Now that it has been a few days, I can actually write about this without my blood pressure going up. :) I have learned that even though I thought parenting twins wouldn't be much different than being the mother of four that were really close together. However, I was wrong! I know some people would think ill of me for stating it this way, but I still have a picture in my head of God laughing every time the two of them get into something else. By the way, that means He is laughing A LOT!

One of the most recent episodes involves an innocent container of Kool-Aid (the kind with sugar already added). Let me state in the beginning that I still have NO idea where my 10-yr-old got the container to begin with (I don't buy pre-sugared Kool-Aid). However, she had it somehow and decided to squirrel it away in her room. My children love to eat powdered drink mixes. Kira even ate powdered baby formula when she was a toddler (and probably still would). They have inherited this strange desire from their father. :) So Anya thought she had the Kool-Aid well hidden, but my sugar-sniffing "puppies" found it. While I was cooking dinner that night, they apparently decided to eat a little and "cook" a little dinner of their own with their pretend kitchen in their bedroom. When I went to put them to bed that night, I found a soupy sea of RED (hence the color of this post) Kool-Aid sludge. Apparently, you get a really strange substance if you only add a small amount of water. Let's just say by the time we finished cleaning it up at 10:30 that night (on a school night nonetheless) I was about to kill the Kool-Aid man and his cheerful celebration of sugar consumption. By the way, regardless of how much you scrub and shampoo, red Kool-Aid leaves a hint of pink in your carpet. Ahhhhhh, the joys of motherhood!

No comments:

Post a Comment